Saturday, March 20, 2010

Winter...Summer! No, wait, Winter again...

I've always been one for a change in seasons. I love them all! It seems that just about the time I'm ready for a change, the change comes! And this time of year, I'm just itching to experience the warming weather of Spring. It's wonderful to bring the bike off the trainer and out onto the road, play outside with the family, etc. And this week has not been a disappointment! We've had very nice weather, with most days into the 60s. Yesterday I was able to get in a few hours on the bike with John, Dale and Michael (recent college grad working with the SBU cross country team) - we were all in short sleeves and shorts - it was great. And it turns out, those wonderful temperatures were all just a big tease!! As I type, I'm watching snow fall. We're supposed to receive six inches!!! I don't know how it can be 70 degrees one day and snowing the next - I'm convinced God is a funny guy.

Speaking of Springfield, we went to Springfield this morning to run a few errands and were able to have lunch with Jeff Case (great friend and college roommate). While both kids turned out to not be feeling well and Miles crying, kicking, punching, screaming, yelling (and whatever other words you can think of that mean loud noises coming from a one-year-old), we had a good time. Sort of. Okay, not really. =) Both are sleeping now and what a sweet sound, or lack of sound, that is.

Carey did have a funny conversation with Miles. It went like this:
(Big yellow truck driving by...)
Miles - 'Bus!'
Carey - 'That does look like a bus, but it's actually a big yellow truck!'
Miles - 'No guck (truck)! Bus!'

I love his determined little spirit.

No comments: