Saturday, October 13, 2012

The last few weeks

The last few weeks have flown by. The week of Carey's birthday, I was traveled for work, getting home on Wednesday evening. On Thursday, Carey jumped on a plane with Sarita headed to Florida. The rest of us loaded up to drive to Oklahoma to visit my family. The boys did awesome and we had a great time, but we played hard and ended up exhausted. While we were there, we spent time fishing, camping, riding 4-wheelers and meeting our new nephew Zeke. We drove all night Saturday to get home before Carey.

Regretfully, I think that was the start of getting sick. Carey wasn't feeling well prior to her trip, but Miles and I started to feel it too. I left the next Tuesday to Toronto for the week and returned home even more sick.

So, that brings us to today. Between not having time and being sick, I haven't ridden for two weeks. I'm not sure what's worse - being sick or looking in the garage at my new, unridden cross bike just hanging there.

Everyone should be home next week and I'm looking forward to a more normal schedule, at least for a few days.

No comments: