Sunday, October 14, 2012

Florida

 
For my 32nd birthday, Nate sent Sarita and I on a long weekend trip to Marco Island, FL.  I am amazed at how spoiled I am that my husband was able to bless me with this gift!  Here are a few highlights.

This was the view from our room.


Our first night, we got caught in the rain walking home from Subway.  We had an impromptu 2 mile sprint!



A dream vacation for me means being able to stick even more strictly to my very comfortable routine, so Sarita and I planned to continue our running per normal.  However, we didn't really count on the FL humidity, the time change, the 2-miles sprint the night before, etc.  So by the end of our runs, we were, well, I shouldn't speak for Sarita, I was DYING.  But alas, off in the distance, a glowing beacon of hope:

 
Which provided this:


Our Friday schedule included running, sitting on the beach, eating, sitting on the beach, eating, and watching the sunset on the beach: the PERFECT day. 


And here is the sunset.  Have you ever noticed the clouds in the sunset add so much beauty?
  

  On Saturday, we decided to be wild and crazy and go on a Wave Runner tour. This was a highlight, for sure, as we got to see dolphins really close! 

 

Here is the sunset on our last night:


Here we are, waiting to leave paradise.

What an amazing gift! I am so thankful!

No comments: