Saturday, October 9, 2010

Birthday Week and More

It's been a while since I've made any contributions so I thought it appropriate that I take a few minutes to update the blog on this week's festivities. To kick Carey's 30th birthday week off, I left Monday morning to Portland, OR and Los Angeles, CA. I always enjoy visiting my customers in those cities, but I enjoyed arriving home on Wednesday afternoon. While in CA, I was able to make a very short stop in Laguna Beach. Even though I was only there for about 10 minutes, it’s always a great trip down memory lane. I love it there.

I got home just in time to take the boys, wrap a few presents, and get ready for Carey’s birthday on Thursday. All in all, the big day was pretty low-key. However, the weekend of October 16th should make up for the low-keyness by meeting a bunch of friends in KC for the marathon. I’m guessing it will be about the best birthday present Carey could have.









On Friday, Carey and the boys left for KC to her bi-annual neurology appointment. As has been the the last several times, Carey was given a good report and no new concerns. She was able to meet with a good friend for lunch and the boys got to spend some time with Grandpa. In preparation for the drive, we were getting the car ready told Cooper he needed to go potty before leaving. He said he would and proceeded to take another load to the car. What we didn’t know is that we didn’t really specific where he should go to the bathroom. Evidently he thought the front yard was as good as any…(I airbrushed to protect the innocent...)

No comments: