Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A day of firsts

I left Monday mid-morning for San Francisco, CA for a lunch meeting on Tuesday (flying home Tuesday afternoon). Everything went pretty normal, a few delays out of Springfield due to a late plane from Chicago and bad weather in San Francisco. In fact, San Fran was listed as the worst city to travel to on Monday because of the rain they have received in the past few days.

When we arrived in Chicago, while boarding the jet to San Fran, I noticed that the plane was incredibly clean. Even the outside (what you can see of it while boarding from the jet bridge) was very shiny. It looked like it had a fresh paint job. As it turns out, I was on the maiden flight! I think it had that new plane smell...

Speaking of flights to San Francisco, if you've never been, you should go. You don’t have to wait to arrive for entertainment – it starts on the plane ride out. Let’s just say it seems there are an unusual number of strange people on the flight. As an example, one of the guys next to me was in a full sweat-suit, bright turquoise, with matching turquoise hair to go with it. That doesn’t do him justice. You’ll just have to take my word for it.
For a number of reasons, we stayed in China town Monday night. My boss is Australian and in Australia, they eat a lot of Malaysian food. So, of course, he wants to eat Malaysian. It’s not so bad, but lots of curry and strange flavors, meats, soups, etc. And if you’ve read my earlier blog post, you know how I feel about curry. To top off the food experience, the client I met with today is Indian and he took us to lunch. Guess where? An Indian bistro. Again, what’s with all the curry? I’m always up for new experiences, but if I have my choice, I like the curry experiences spread out a bit!
Finally, after a long day of traveling back (fortunately no issues getting through security in San Francisco), I’m now sitting in Dallas for the last flight home. I should pull into the house around midnight. I can’t wait to see the family!

No comments: