Thursday, September 17, 2009

Cooper is 3!

Cooper had an awesome day today! After breakfast this morning, Cooper opened his gifts from us. His favorite gift was a John Deere Semi Truck with a trailer holding a combine. He was so excited to open it - can you see him straining to smile? He was really excited...


After gifts, Cooper got to try chewing gum. Even after much hype about how big he would be to chew gum and how we chew and chew it and never swallow, the gum ended up in his tummy. Oops! I guess we'll have to try again on his fourth birthday!

Nate took the day off today to spend with Cooper. They went to Duck Creek this morning just to talk to people. Cooper took his new combine to show everyone. Did I mention he's pretty excited about his new combine?

When the mail came, we had a few new gifts to open. Aunt Hanna made him a really neat book explaining all kinds of tractors and machinery. Very cool! (Thank you, Aunt Hanna!)

We had dinner at El Rodeo, Coop's favorite. He ate chips and salsa for dinner. That's really all. And then we let him eat birthday cake for dessert. Yikes!

A few friends came over for Coop's John Deere birthday. Here is the cake and dessert "display."




Memorable Quotes from today:

At nap time..."I can't sleep in my pack 'n play. Three-year-olds don't sleep in pack and plays!"
Random question at lunch..."Mom - can three-year-olds still cry?"
Getting ready for bed..."Will I still be three tomorrow?"

2 comments:

Kim said...

So do you nap the boys in separate rooms? This is definitely an email question, not a blog question. i'll be emailing you...

Hannah said...

Carey--Did you make that cake?? I'm super impressed! Very cute! Sounds like you guys had a great day! Hope you all are doing well! We've been thinking of you and praying for continued strength and healing!---Abi