Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Clumps

Life happens in clumps. I had a pastor tell me that once...perhaps not with those same words. But it is SOO true! This week, I had well-baby check ups for both kids, Nate is traveling, I'm not feeling real well, Cooper started coughing today, and my very favorite sitter's aunt died, so I had to use a backup. (The backup is also GREAT!! It is just not "routine" for me, and anyone who knows me knows that I flounder outside of routine...)

So today, after lunch, I cleaned Miles up and said, "Go gang up on me with your brother." I want the two of them to be friends, so if it takes ganging up on me, then great! (But really, I didn't expect him to do it!) I proceeded to clean up the dishes, and I heard Cooper yell out, "Mommy, we are making a HUGE mess!" Uh oh. I went to see what he meant. They had pulled all of our linens out of the linen closet. (Praise the Lord they worked together and didn't argue!) But wow - what a mess. I had Cooper attempt to clean up his mess, and when I had watched unfolded towels being tossed onto the shelf long enough, I told him to go play in his room with Miles. As I was finishing the last towel, I noticed a black-eyed pea on the ground. Hmm...we had black-eyed pea casserole for dinner last night. This is not looking good. My fears were confirmed when I went and found Miles with marks all over his backside. So I got him completely cleaned up and changed, and the floor between the bathroom and Cooper's room cleaned up just in time to load up and walk out the door to the sitter's house. I got the pack 'n play, the diaper bag, Humphrey, Coop's blanket, Chavez, Miles' blanket, and the boys all inside. As I hugged Cooper goodbye, I felt it. A fever. So, load the pack 'n play, the diaper bag, Humphrey, Coop's blanket, Chavez, Miles' blanket, Coop and Miles back in the car...drive home. Dang. I could have really used a 4 hour Mommy break today...

I know this is just life, but MAN! Clumps are for the birds.

No comments: