Cooper has done/said some really sweet things lately. Here are some fun stories...
On Friday night, we went to Springfield as a family. It was right around 8:00 p.m., and it had gotten pretty dark out. We went out to the garden center at Lowe's, and Cooper said, "Daddy, what's that black thing?" Nate tried naming any black object he could find. Cooper was not getting the answers that he wanted, and he kept saying, "What's that black thing?" Finally it hit us what he was talking about - the sky! Our son has not really experienced a big, nighttime sky in his recent days. Wow - it was so cool to seem him see the night sky for the first time. He experienced the stars that night, too!
Saturday afternoon, Cooper was swinging, and he said, "It's orange, Mommy!!" I asked him what was orange, and he told me his eyes are orange. I looked at him, and he had his eyelids closed. I closed my eyes, too, and he was right! The sun was shining through our eyelids and making a very nice shade of orange!
Later that night, we had some friends over for dinner. Cooper was doing whatever he could to captivate the crowd. He ate his dinner very quickly and got down to play. I looked over at him, and he was sitting in the chair in the corner with his shirt lifted. He was holding Humphrey up under his shirt. I said, "Whatcha doing, Coop?" He answered, "Feeding Humphrey." Wow - that was embarrassing.
I don't want you to think my lack of stories about Miles lately mean anything. He is the sweetest little guy. Today after church, he started really getting excited about being lifted up in the air. Wow - so cute!! The ladies in the nursery love this little guy! He is so laid back and content. What a gift from the Lord!
2 comments:
wow, sweet boy! i love these stories! i know what you mean, though, about not having many stories of the younger one. I feel like i dont have any fun pics of Eisley on our blog. Stella's just at this stage where she's doing so many fun things and Eisley, well, she sleeps and eats.
These are the sweetest stories about Cooper and his colors. Your such a fun, thoughtful mom to have thought to close your eyes like him to see the orange. And the sky....I'm with Coop...it is, indeed, a big, black thing! Love that little guy.
Post a Comment