As the temps change, it reminds me that Fall is coming and I'm pumped for it! Carey and I were talking yesterday and it's crazy that summer is over, school is in full swing, Walmart is selling Halloween candy, etc. I love this time of year as you can bundle up a bit more, be outside without sweating through clothes, have bonfires, put in mums and the like. With install of the fireplace and the abundance of wood, we're also looking forward to have a crackling fire in the house on a regular basis. For me, it's tough to beat a fire inside.
We continue to adjust to the new house and are enjoying it more every day. The grass has been in for about 1.5 weeks and we have tons of green all over. But, because we have to keep it so wet for the roots to establish, the ground is super muddy and we've not been about to get outside on the yard and play. It will be nice to have the seed established enough to be able to walk on it and not have mud everywhere. Especially on the dog. I think Fiona is getting pretty tired of being stuck in the house (and so are we as the cleaning up of her footprints and hair have been ridiculous). Here is the latest pic of the front of the house and the hearth that was installed this morning - the colors on the hearth and tile look a little funky in the picture but we're excited about how it turned out.
We still have a few things left to do on the back deck, but are so close to being finished with the construction of the house. The concrete drive is being finished today, our concrete hearth was installed today, a few touch-ups on the stucco remain, and a bit more dirt-work around the driveway is all that's left. I won't miss the building process that's been going on over the last 8 months, but it has been fun. We're all looking forward to the finished product. Because we sold some of our furniture with the old house, we've still got a few things to buy before the inside is done. Once it is, I'll post a few pics.
No comments:
Post a Comment