Sarita and I ran the KC Half-Marathon this October for the third time. This was our fifth half-marathon, with three in KC, one in Springfield, and one in Bolivar. My dad trained and ran the race again this year, beating his time from last year. My friends Ashley and Rachel raced, as well as Ashley's husband Chris. Sarita's husband, Tony, also ran. As a really special gift to me, Nate trained and ran in the race, too. He is normally the photographer for events like this, so we don't have many photos from the big day. I was able to capture these with my iPhone.
Before:
After:
I am so thankful for Sarita Vernon. I think we started running together around 2004 - that's eight years that girl has put up with me! I used to think we were really compatible running parters...until I found out she had broken race records when she was in high school. Now I know that she is just really kind to run with me. But I'll take it! She is an amazing woman! I would run 13.1 miles with her any day. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment