Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow!

We received about 1 to 2 inches of snow on early this week, and Cooper and Miles were chomping at the bit to get out in it. I held them off all day Monday, promising we would go out to play on Tuesday. So we bundled up and headed outside in the sweltering 20 degree temps.

It took about 30 minutes to get all bundled up. We each had on 2 pairs of pants, 2 pairs of socks, 3 shirts, a coat, a hat, and gloves. And once we were outside, we only lasted about 15 minutes. Miles was cold and ready to come in, but Cooper decided he wanted to stay out. And then, as Miles and I turned to head in, Cooper ran smack into the tree in our front yard. He just took off running, pulling the sled behind him and slammed into the tree.

Here are the Bethell boys, ready for the cold.

And here is what a cheek looks like after being slammed into a tree:


Our family made it inside, and Miles ran straight to his bedroom, instead of staying with us to get all his snowy clothes off. "Miles, you need to come back out with us to get your coat off." I called. Miles response: "Mommy, I will not ever, ever listen to you again!" Slam door. I left the upset and bloody-cheeked Cooper to go "take care" of that situation with Miles. (You can imply whatever you would like in that generic description of how the situation was addressed.) After it was taken care of, and Cooper's cheek was cleaned up, Miles and I were discussing what happened. I said, "Miles, you said, 'Mommy, I won't ever listen to you again!' and slammed the door. It is not okay for you to talk to Mommy like that." Miles replied, "I not say that, Mommy." I said, "Miles - I asked you to come out with Cooper and me to get your coat off, and you yelled at me, 'Mommy, I won't ever listen to you again!' and slammed the door. It is not okay for you to talk to Mommy like that." Miles said, "NO, Mommy! I not say that! I said, 'Mommy, I won't ever, EVER listen to you again!" So true. He did have that extra 'EVER' in there. Goodness gracious. I won't ever, EVER misquote my child again.

3 comments:

Lenay said...

Thanks for making me smile, dear friend! :)

GinaBeana said...

SO cute! I'm sure it wasn't cute at the moment, but some day it will be! All the rest of us can see the cuteness though! Thanks for sharing! *LOL*

Megan said...

that made me smile! But I'm sorry he was disobedient:)