Saturday, February 20, 2010

No more diapers for Miles!

Okay, okay, that's not entirely true. In fact, we're a long ways away from no more diapers for Miles! HOWEVER, we are beginning to have hope that this day will eventually come! With the help of Cooper, Miles has had a sudden urge to sit on the potty and has really started to figure out what to do. I'm not sure Carey or I are really ready to go full-speed into potty training mode, but with Miles telling us he's got to go and with many successful trips every day, I think we may be getting close. And, with every dirty diaper I change, more motivation comes with it! Miles is doing great and we're all excited about the day when there truely are no more diapers!



Every day seems to bring new changes with Miles. He's constantly adding new words to his vocabulary and learning how to do new things. He has really started to enjoy reading books, especially if there are kitties, cars, or trucks in them. He is in love with kitties. He has a great 'meow' to go with them. =)

With the weather turning a bit warmer, we are all excited to spend more time outside. We haven't had a heat wave come through, but temps in the 40s feel so wonderful. Carey continues to run on a regular basis (logging about 7 miles every morning) and I've been attempting to get 1.5-2 hours on the trainer 4-5 times per week. What I would do without Netflix...no one knows. I was in Toronto last week and came home with a diagnoses of Pleurisy, which has not been fun. It appears the chest / joint pain is getting better and I'm headed out this afternoon with John for a few hours on the bike.

1 comment:

Nate Bethell said...

Just to add a little to Nate's post...you see that red snowman shirt Miles is wearing? That's Nora Manis' snowman shirt. Why, do you ask, is Miles wearing Nora's shirt? Well, he had a dirty diaper at Ms. Lisa's house during nap, and spread it all over his clothes and bed before she could get to him. Wow - she is worth far more than rubies.