Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Sayings of Cooper...

On Monday, I took Cooper and Miles to the Y to work out. In the time it took to get from the front seat of the van to Miles' seat, I lost my keys. I looked in all the normal places, and they were just gone. Cooper noticed me stressing about the keys, and he asked me what was wrong. I explained that I misplaced my keys and that I was trying to find them. Coop said, "It's okay Mommy. You can do it! You can find your keys!" He seems to be such a words of encouragement guy.


Monday night we went to a book club/pool party at the Evans' house. I told Cooper about the party in the morning, and all day he said, "Is it time to go to Ms. Rachel's house? I'm so excited about seeing my friends. I really want to see my friends, Mommy. Is it time to go to Ms. Rachel's house?"


Yesterday morning, Cooper was getting dressed and he wanted to put some new underwear on. Normally I don't change his undies the morning after a bath, so I told him he didn't need new undies. He said, "But Mom, I need new underwear! My old underwear are stinky!" Uh oh...


We went to Springfield tonight on a whim. (We're so crazy, I know...) When we told Cooper we were driving to Springfield, he said, "I'm so glad we're going to Springfield." He was a delight to be with on the trip!

On the way to Lisa's house yesterday, we were listening to the radio. I looked back, and Cooper was moving his hand over his stomach area - playing the guitar. He said, "Mom - you should play the guitar, too!" So we played together. He started saying things like, "Oh yeah, Baby!" and "Rock out!" and "I'm jammin'!"


Just so Miles gets a bit of the spotlight, he sang a full song this morning with the sound "ba." I could definately tell he was singing, not just talking, but the way his voice moved up and down. It was very sweet.

No comments: