Thursday, June 5, 2008

Saddle Up

With most pregnant mums, I believe the 'nesting' phase usually happens prior to delivery of the new baby. Maybe it's the fact that our house is usually pretty clean, or that Miles came a bit early, but Carey has officially began to 'nest'. For Carey, it's really about cleaning. It's purging. While I wouldn't call Carey a collector, throwing things away just hasn't been her style. For me, I usually throw first, ask questions later. However, with Carey's latest phase of organizing and purging, I have even found myself saying 'are you sure you want to throw that away?'. Needless to say, the house and insides of every cabinet are sparkling. But that leads to a funny story.

While cleaning some of the lower cabinets in the kitchen, Carey was, hands and knees on the floor, calculating what was next. However, Cooper was one step ahead. Lately, Cooper recognizes anyone on the floor as a potential riding object and climbs on. So in this case, he runs over to the unsuspecting Carey (and does so with tractors in each hand), jumps on her back and proudly yells "COWBOY!". While we have given many pony rides around the house, this was a first. After his announcement, he quickly jumped off and turned to playing tractors in the living room. This will be a fun memory we share in the near term...but I'm sure many more will soon replace it!

No comments: