Monday, June 9, 2008

The end of vacation is near



It's now been nearly two weeks since the arrival of baby Miles.

On Saturday, the Colby Bethells (mom, dad and Lauren) arrived in Bolivar and have spent the last couple days with us. We've had a great time and have enjoyed the company. Cooper has especially enjoyed playing with Aunt Lauren. She has the teenage energy to keep up with him, but I think even Lauren is getting a bit tired. Mom and Dad decided to bring a tent to sleep in to keep the living room a little less busy. Cooper, in turn, loves the tent and bouncing around on the air mattresses has been a highlight. Grandpa has threatened to have Cooper stay the night in the tent, but we decided we'd wait for a day when Grandpa and Grandma can have him for the entire day after...

It has rained much of the night and I believe it's scheduled to continue for the next few days. So, we've decided to have a ping-pong tourney in the garage to compensate for the rainy weather outside. To ensure the bracket is fair and I have good shot at winning, I think I will match up against Cooper in round 1.

The girls, plus Miles, are headed to The Tea Garden for lunch and the boys are headed to El Rodeo for a more manly lunch. For those who don't know the Tea Garden, if you don't have pink or flowers in your 'outfit', it's not the place for you. I personally enjoy eating there, but the few times I have, I'm generally the only guy in the place.

Tomorrow brings another change for the Bethell family - I go back to the office. I've been working off and on, but I need to get back full-time. Carey and I have been experimenting with different ways to manage the babies while alone, but tomorrow will be the real test. Please continue to pray for an easy transition for both of us, as it's been great to be together during the days and nights.

No comments: