Tuesday, March 15, 2011

It's Been A While...

It's been a while since I have updated the blog. We've been in survival mode... Nate traveled three weeks ago, and when he came back, each of us had a bout of sickness. Nate is still fighting a pretty rough cough, but I think we're getting better.

It is time, though, for me to get a few little stories written down before I forget:

On Sunday, Nate was baking a cake with Miles. He got some music going and asked Miles - can you dance? Miles looked at Nate and said, "No, I can't do that until I’m a grownup. And when I'm a grownup, I'll have a big nose like you!"

The other day I told Cooper, "You've gotten really good at coloring." He said, "Mom, you should call me a colorist. You know, like a guitarist?"

Please do not read this story if you think it is inappropriate to blog about bathroom issues...but if you're okay with it, then here it goes...Miles finished using the bathroom and flushed the toilet. I said, "Shut the lid, Miles! Poop shrapnel is going to fly everywhere!" He looked at me and said, "Mommy - poopy not have wings." So true.

We had a tornado warning several weeks ago, so the four of us piled into the laundry room. (With Nate's parents in the guest bathroom!) The alarm sounded around 9:30. Cooper was already in a deep sleep, but Miles hadn't fallen asleep yet. He and I had a chance to snuggle together in the laundry room. Nate and I have been very strict with our rule about no kids in our bed, so I don't really get a lot of nighttime snuggles from the boys. Miles just lay very still and stroked my arm with his hand. It was a very sweet moment that I want to remember.

No comments: