We celebrated Mom's birthday while she was here. My mom is a fruity dessert kinda lady, so I decided to make her a pie, with her coaching. This is the 2nd or 3rd pie I have ever attempted to makem and even with her here to help me, it was quite the struggle! (In fact, it may be the last pie I ever make.) But nonetheless, we had pie for Mom's birthday, and I think it was even kinda good. (I'm not a pie person, so I wouldn't know!)
While Mom was here, we made hummingbird feeders with the boys. You can barely see it in the picture below, but we have had a hummingbird eating out of one of the feeders frequently! I didn't really expect they would be used, so I have been pleasantly surprised! My Grandma and Grandpa Nevergold LOVED hummingbirds. I didn't know them well, so this small thing makes me feel more connected to them.
Mom brought some fun bubble wands with her that made really large bubbles. For the most part, I used the wand to make bubbles, and Coop and Miles ran around smashing the bubbles with their wands.
And, last but not least, I made the single most impacting home improvement to our home this last weekend. With some encouragement from my dad, I researched and found how to replace our push-button flushers with handles. My children can now flush their own business without my help. Gone are the days of finding surprises left behind for me to flush! I. Am. Thrilled. :) (The boys love it, too!)
No comments:
Post a Comment