Not much new is on the Bethell front. I've been traveling a lot - mostly to Canada and Texas. We've had some beautiful days lately with highs in the 70s so it's been a great opportunity to spend time outside with the family and on the bike. Carey is still running and adding mileage here and there. Sarita and Carey are running a half-marathon in a few months in Bolivar. They ususally don't train for the halfs but they have done a 10-mile run for fun.
So, to the meatballs. (This is Carey...)
One day, I was holding Cooper. He rubbed my chest a little and said, "Mom, those are your meatballs." I let it drop - I didn't want to give him a reaction that would make him want to say it again. We did have a small discussion about private areas and how we handle those. (I didn't think this would start with a 2-year-old!)
One of the P90X videos that we have is an ab video. I do this video a few times a week, and Cooper likes to watch, and sometimes attempt the exercises with me. There are four people in the video and one of them is a woman with a green sports bra. In the middle of the video last week, Cooper said, "Where's the green girl?" I said, "Oh - the camera's not on her - just a second and it will be." Cooper - "I want to see her meatballs." Shock and horror. I got up and turned the video off. "Buddy - who taught you that those are meatballs?" Cooper - thinking - "Grandpa Holtwick!*"
The video will no longer be on while he is around...
*For those of you who know Grandpa Holtwick (my Dad) you know that he would never teach Cooper that a woman's chest is called meatballs. I called him first to tell him that Cooper blamed him so he would not be surprised by this. He is an awesome Grandpa!!
2 comments:
oh wow...i had a kid at school once say to another teacher who was heavily chested "I like your bumps."
It's okay...I know you're a good parent ... Cooper is probably just curious and it's a phase. But way to be proactive:)
It's more funny to me since he isn't my child but I have the same tapes and I fear I will not be able to watch them with a straight face anymore! LOL
Post a Comment