Lately, Cooper has been creative in finding ways to delay bed time. He starts telling lots of stories that don't end, and as you attempt to close the door while saying "Good night Cooper," he sucks you back in by saying "Daddy, wait, I need to tell you something." So last night, we were going through the good night routine:
Nate: Good night Tiger.
Cooper (thinking for a moment): Good night Lion! Daddy, I called you Lion (laugh, laugh)
Nate: Yes, you are silly. Good night!! (closing the door)
Cooper: What should I call mommy? I think I'm going to call her Sandwich! Good night Sandwich!
Nate: Yes, you can call her Sandwich...good night! (still closing the door - don't ask me where he came up with sandwich)
Cooper: I think I'm going to call Humphry (a little dog he sleeps with) M&M - Good night M&M! And Hank (another anamal he sleeps with)......
Door closed.
Later that night...delay tactic number seven for the night: Cooper has Thomas the Train sheets and pillow cases on his bed. After he had been in bed for a while, he started calling out for me to come in. I went in and Cooper said, pointing to the trains on his pillow - "Dad, can you turn on my heater? Percy is hot, but Thomas and James are so cold..."
Heater on, door closed.
No comments:
Post a Comment