My "Beta-Nurse" Elaine called me on Monday to talk about training me to give myself injections. It was a really good conversation. She is a nurse employed by the drug company (which happens to be Bayer) and she will be my nurse "for life" as long as I am taking Betaseron (and she doesn't retire!) She has been working with MS patients for her entire career - over 30 years. She is out of the KC area, and will drive to my house to train me on how to give myself injections. For the first time, I felt like someone in this process has wanted to talk to me and truly hear me. It was really fantastic. She gave me a cell phone number that I can use to contact her at any time with questions about betaseron, or about MS in general. God is so good. I went to bed that night wondering if I have MS so I can get to know Elaine. There are a bunch of details that need to be worked out, so it looks like I will be starting treatment next week. Nate is traveling Tues - Thurs, so maybe Monday or Friday? We have to wait and see when I get my first round of meds sent from the pharmacy...
Thank you all for praying!
Oh yeah - and here is a picture of me with my last "daily" soda from Woods Express.

Those of you who know me well probably think this cup looks a little small. And it is. Just a mere 20 ounces! I slowly weaned myself off of my daily 44 oz big chiller. But the good news is, I can buy a 44 oz cup at Woods Express for just $.10 so I can continue to use them as my water cup.
1 comment:
This is awesome! I'm so excited for you. How cool to feel like someone who knows a little about this will be walking with you and is just a phone call away.
oh yes, and you are SO funny! i love reading all your little comments about your life. I can just hear your voice saying these things and you're funny. :)
Post a Comment